Int.- We have this account was visited by two angels of God in the house of Lot in Sodom, to save him and his family from Sodom and Gomorrah.
Lot was Abraham's nephew and was right with God.
II Pe.2.7- And delivered just Lot, wearied of the dissolute life of the wicked.
Then the two separated. Abraham dwelt in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelt in Sodom and Gomorrah region.
I- Wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah.
The Bible says that Sodom were wicked rods and sinners before the Lord.
- The sin of sodomy is the city of Sodom.
- What are perversions of the same sex.
- The Bible says in I Co.6.10- What homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
- In the midst of this chaos lived righteous Lot.
- It was not to be contaminated by the sins of Sodom and Gomorrah.
- The Christian must live in the world like a heron. The heron is a whole bright white bird with long legs; it seeks its food in the mud, but do not let dirty. So it must be a Christian in the world, here we live but we must not defile himself.
I Jo.2.15- Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Gn.18.20- And the Lord said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous.
- God said to Abraham that would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah because of sin growth there.
- All iniquity have aggravating measure before God.
- Abraham recalled that his nephew Lot lived in Sodom.
- Abraham prayed to God for the salvation of Lot.
- God has provided two angels to save Lot and his family because of the intercession of Abraham.
- You are here tonight because someone prayed for you.
- Be father, mother is, either spouse, or wife, or son, or brother, or aunt or uncle; someone prayed for you, someone cried for their salvation.
II- God sends two angels to save Lot.
Hb.1.14- not are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
- It says here in V.19- And at dawn the angels hastened Lot.
- Just to be rushed.
- In compliance issues to their Lord.
- On leaving the world.
- In seeking the good of his family.
- Do you have sought the spiritual good of your family?
- It is important to move away from the world.
- Because? The flesh is weak. Lot being old, it was too characterized by worldliness.
- Sodom exerted a slow influence.
- Even if you do not want the conviviality in the world behind some influence to our lives.
- The kind of live presses us to be its characteristic.
- Lot needed to be warned of certain ruin of Sodom.
A) Sinners need to be rushed.
- They settle in Sodom's sin.
- Sodom represents the world.
- People in this world do not believe in our warning.
Hb.3.13- But encourage one another daily, while it is called today, lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Hb.3.15- While it is said, if you hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
- Our task as a church is rush them.
- We must be resolute and hold them by the hand.
B) The Order of God to Lot.
V.15- Arise, take your wife and your two daughters who are here, lest you be consumed in the iniquity of the city.
- God's plan of salvation included the entire family of Lot.
- Just as the Flood was saved Noah and all his family.
- Just as the destruction of Jericho was saved Rahab and her entire family.
- When God saved you his family was included in God's plan.
At.16.31- And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
- Those angels took Lot by the hand, his wife and his daughters and rushed to take their city.
V.16- whom it was the merciful Lord.
- We are made for God's mercy.
Lm.3.22- the Lord's mercies are the cause of not being consumed; because his compassions fail not.
- It is the mercy of God that has reached you.
- Mercy is one facet of God's love that causes him to help the afflicted.
- This mercy reached Rahab, Ruth, Mary Magdalene, the Canaanite woman.
- And that mercy has reached tonight.
C) The Sodom Trail.
- The two angels took Lot and his family with lots of Sodom hurry.
- The led to a hill, because the city would be destroyed with fire and brimstone.
- In this hurry to leave Sodom, Lot's wife looked back and she became a pillar of salt.
- Lot's wife perished because despised grace.
- Grace is the favor of God to man.
- Is the time of saving opportunity to man.
- The heart of Lot's wife was arrested Sodom.
- Sodom had influenced the heart of Lot's wife so that she longed, was linked strongly to Sodom.
- When withdrawing from the world do not look back.
- The world has nothing to fill.
- Only Jesus can fill our hearts.
- Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed by fire, but Lot and his daughters were saved from destruction, because they obeyed God.