segunda-feira, 10 de novembro de 2014

The Next Step



"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb."
- Revelation 7:9-10

One evening, I was scheduled to sing a solo during our church service. The song I chose spoke of the possibility of a person’s next step being on streets of purest gold. Before the meeting, as I rehearsed with the accompanist, the Lord dropped an astonishing thought into my heart. This song was not just about Heaven and people in a general sort of way. Its message was about me personally! If I am faithful, one day I will actually be in Heaven. No more imagining or trying to visualize what it will be like. I will be there!
Immediately my mind went back to things I had once only dreamed of, but which had become realities within my life. One memory was of the beautiful San Juan Islands in northwestern Washington State. As a boy, I had attended a summer youth camp in that region and had noticed the great natural beauty. Taking ferryboat rides there, I was aware of the numerous pleasure boats flitting among the islands. Years later, I found myself piloting my own boat through those very waters. It was a great feeling.
Also as a boy, I remember reading about the great red and pink sandstone wonders of Southern Utah, some fairly inaccessible. Years later, I stood with my wife under Rainbow Bridge, the most spectacular of them all.
During one business trip, I found myself standing on Manhattan Island in New York City, looking at the tremendous buildings of which I had only seen pictures for years.
Heaven is even better than anything we can imagine. As we determine to be a part of that huge throng, gathered ‘round the throne, praising and glorifying God, we can be filled with excitement about each “next step” we take.

Nenhum comentário: